Environmental Health & Safety
Our company serves a key role in promoting the principles of sustainable environment. Horsehead is committed to enhancing the environment through the following principles:
Be a Good Citizen:
We will strive to meet or exceed the standards set forth in applicable laws and regulations. We aim to be a valued member of the communities in which we operate.
We will seek opportunities to recover valuable resources from by-products and wastes while maintaining a system that enhances the positive impact of our operations on the environment.
Promote Environmental Awareness:
We will communicate our environmental commitments to our stakeholders.
Strive to Be Better:
We will implement a system that continuously improves our environmental performance. We will drive environmental improvements by establishing programs that achieve measurable and verifiable results.
HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
Horsehead Holding Corp. (Horsehead) Strives to be an industry leader in Health and Safety. We are committed to meet or exceed applicable Health & Safety (H&S) regulations, and the continuous improvement of our safety systems.
- Safety is a core corporate value, not to be superseded by productivity, quality or cost control.
- Achieving our H&S vision requires commitment and leadership at all levels.
- Following safety-related procedures, rules, programs and policies is the responsibility and accountability of each employee, contractor and visitor.
- Enhancement of our safety culture, promoting employee engagement and recognition of safety excellence are keys to success
- Resources and training will be provided to meet compliance requirements and conform to internal standards and policy.
Our vision is to achieve a workplace free from accidents and that is protective of health for employees, contractors and visitors.